Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Small Discussions & Categories

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hey, some people on the forum dont like the big categories and discussions topics mybe there is a mod or someting

Comments

• Options
    yes but now catergorys
  • Options
    So, how would you like to see the category list? Just the title as in the SimplifiedDiscussions extension?
  • Options
    It would make sense to me to have the category description in the link title="" in a "SimplifiedCategories" extension. That way you still get more information when you mouseover the link.
  • Options
    I have an extension that just changes the css on the categories page. To get what you want, Stash, I need to find out what delegate I can use to get the comment grid. I assume there is one like the discussiongrid, but haven't found it yet. I can upload a version one of this extension for people to use.
  • Options
    I just upload the extension here. I hope is does what you want. I am still looking into what you suggested Stash.

Check it out and let me know if it works for you.
  • Options
    Thanks man
  • Options
    I've been looking at your request Stash for a couple of days and couldn't figure out how to modify the CategoryList. So, the easiest solution for me was to make a copy of the categories.php file and put it in my customvanilla theme and edit it to have the Category Description in the link.

So, if anyone thinks this is useful, I'll add my modified categories.php file to the extension with instructions on how to use it.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan man. Complete pain that it can't be extensionified though :(
  • Options
    I guess I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to do it by an extension. I just uploaded a new zip file with the categories.php file I modified. If the readme is not clear, please contact me.
This discussion has been closed.