Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Renaming Installation Directory

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys, I would like to rename my directory where I installed my Vanilla forum under. How do I do this without massing anything up? Do I need to change the config.php or anything else? And if so to what? Thank you! Dada

Comments

• Options
    If you look in your appg/settings.php and conf/settings.php file thre are a bunch of lines in there which hold paths to your vanilla forum. You'd need to change these lines to reflect your changes. If you mess it up it wont harm any of your data so give it a shot and see how it goes :)
  • Options
    Thanks Minisweeper. I will give it a try. Dada
  • Options
    One question before I change these lines in the php files: Do I rename the directory name vanilla resides in right now first or after I edit the php files (does it matter)? Will this change in the php files make the difference, so vanilla can access the database? Thanks, Dada
  • Options
    Uh...the order of doing it shouldnt matter, so long as you dont try using the forum while the two paths dont match.
This discussion has been closed.