Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

IRC

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Just out of interest, how many people use this and in which flavour? I'm considering (read: want to but am almost certainly too lazy) writing a script for mirc (dunno how compatable it is with other irc apps, probably not very) Which reads the feed from here and pulls stuff into a mirc window. Possibly with the ability to reply but thats very unlikely. Eitherway, would anyone be interested in this?

Comments

• Options
    I use irc. I usually stick my head in a couple rooms on freenode. I'm on a mac so i use snak and colloquy (colloquy is a great open source client).

As far as scripts, I think it would be interesting, but personally, I could care less. I keep my ircing and my feeds separate.
  • Options
    my life is busy enough already... i can't possibly devote anymore time to something else.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I use mIRC regularly. Most people who use IRC and Windows do, because nobody has ever tried to do anything interesting with IRC. The protocol has been proven malleable by various games, yet there are no interesting clients or experiments or anything. A revolutionary new client in the world of IRC is something that has a toolbar or resizable windows.

I guess it, for the most part, attracts the wrong audience. Despite having a regularly visited channel on it for the best part of two years, there's never been any significant cross-channel communication because, well, it's IRC. There are bears out there.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I think I banned jonezy from IRC one time. :D I'm sorry jonezy.
This discussion has been closed.