Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CSS Problem with Poll Extension

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This is the stangest thing: What I did: I altered the style.css for the Poll extension, tested it with the html and it works great. Then I uploaded it to the server. I even cleared my browser cache, restarted it etc. but the .style.css suddenly doesn't seem to work. I have no idea what the problem is as when I tested it locally, it looks fine. The poll is only shown when the user turns it on to be displayed in the sidepanel. The first display of the poll looks right, but when the vote is submitted the styles I applied are not recognized it seems. A quick test html of how it's supposed to look like: http://carinafuller.com/testing/poll_results.html To see how it currently looks like on the real site please go to http://carinafuller.com/vanillalounge and register. (This is not a bad trick to get you registered, I just don't know how else to show the poll results page as it only appears when you are logged in)???. I am staring to lose hair over this...;-) Thanks! Dada

Comments

• Options
    Mmm.. I've checked it out.. but it seems that the style you're using overrides a margin which results the bars and percentages to indent... Which style are you using?
  • Options
    Hi Jazzman! First of all thanks for looking into this. (It's driving me crazy...) Well, I am using my custom stylesheet and the custom poll style sheet. Let me know what you need to know exactly. I don't understand why both styles sheets (vanilla.css (custom style) and poll.css) work on my testing page as intended and not in my forum page??? Any clues very appreciated. Thanks! Dada
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Issue with Poll. I have a new Vanilla installation and am running the poll extension. My problem is that the percentage bars just get displayed as thick empty bars, much thicker than they should be, and empty. I have tried disabling all other extensions (does not help) and switching the theme back to Vanilla (works). I'm running a (mostly) style modified version of Organic. I tried installing a clean version of the Organic theme and the Poll extension did not work with that either. So obviously a theme or CSS related issue, anyone have any ideas on how to solve? I just tried adding the Vanilla default style to the Organic theme and then it works, so something to do with the style sheet, probably. My CSS-Fu is not too amazing and my PHP skills are worse than the Queen of England is at making coffee (she's probably better at tea). Any help appreciated
This discussion has been closed.