Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing default email message

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
How do I change the email message that is sent to an applicant after he is approved for membership? I want to change both (1) the subject line and (2) the text message.

I have searched through the definitions.php file to no avail.

Comments

• Options
    y2kbgy2kbg New
    edited January 2007
    in the same folder a definitions.php there are some .txt files containing the emails.
  • Options
    Thanks. If it was a snake, it would have bitten me! The email "role change" message has been successfully changed, but none of the .txt files control the subject line of the email. How do I change the subject line of the email message (for role change)?
  • Options
    not in the dictionary?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yep, thanks. I finally found it under $Context->Dictionary['AccountChangeNotification'] on line 332.

Maybe Vanilla should have FAQ wiki, where users can contribute how to do certain things (in Q & A format). For example:

Q: How do I change the subject line for the outgoing email message when someone changes from Applicant to Member?
    A: Change Line 332 in definitions.php

that way each person doesn't have to scour through lines of code, experimenting until they finally find the correct solution. Just a thought. :-)
  • Options
    I think there is some sort of vanilla wiki. haven't checked it out yet tho.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Good thing this isin't a snake either. (Its the right-most tab!)
  • Options
    whoa I never once clicked that tab. Wow.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thanks WallPhone. I'll add some stuff to it. Maybe they could put the FAQ at the top of the page for us "old folks" with vision problems. ;-)
  • Options
    It is at the top of the page...
  • Options
    i think he means next to vanllia add ons.
This discussion has been closed.