Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

'Page_Init' event... am I missing something?

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So, in the order of execution doc it says that your extension should add a control to the 'Page_Init' if it doesn't need to render to the screen. But I'm looking right at init_vanilla.php and I see the 'Page_Init' event getting fired on line 61, long before the extensions actually get loaded on line 119.

This question is mostly academic. I don't actually need to use a Page_Init event, I just thought it would be the "right way" to code an extension I'm working on.

Comments

• Options
    Just kidding, I think I get it now. It looks like the 'Page_Init" event gets fired twice, once specifically on line 61 (where nothing happens) and once again as part of the FireEvents() function (where nothing still happens, unless an extension has added something).

I'm not sure why 'Page_Init" gets fired once by itself but it doesn't seem to do anything, so... yeah.
This discussion has been closed.