Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Gallery/Flickr 'filmstrip' at top of page...

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm going to be using Vanilla to launch a new photography forum. The flickr stream on the profile page is awesome... how easy/difficult would it be to have a similar add on that would allow a random stream of all forum members' flickr images to be placed as a scrollable strip either above the main header or immediately below the tabs? Also, I'd be interested to know if such an add on would be able to pick random images that may have been posted within the forum (also from non-flicker sites such as photobucket) and have them included in such an extension. This would function similar to the flickr preview thumbnails where you can click an arrow and scroll to the next image in the stream, except it would have more than 2 images...

Comments

• Options
    The first thing sounds relatively easy (not saying I could do it) if you took a look at the flikriser and stuff displayer extensions.

The others, well, you're not asking for much are you?! LOL They sound very involved and like it would require messing around with either complex JS and/or Flash, not to mention creating some kinda of database store for all the URLs, dimensions, then grabbing them and resizing them, caching... sounds like a biggie...
  • Options
    lol... glad to hear the first option might be an easier one to get done... I'm not sure I could do it either, but would be very interested in being a guinea pig for someone to test their code out on.
  • Options
    u can have the filmstrip display random flickr streams from your users
    that would be a start
  • Options
    anyone willing to take a stab at this one? Let me know what I can do to help.
  • Options
    Sirnot can prolly do this one.
    He already has the flickr stream code. just need to add it in the header, and instead of a fixed user, just randomly select one from the database.
    You can then call this. Member of the Day thingy
This discussion has been closed.