Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Randomized banner images

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Greetings one and all! I've been monitoring Vanilla's development for quite a while now and recently I had the opportunity to discover it fully and I must say that a huge amount of kudos go to the developers. So... kudos to you ^_^. I've also been reading the forums to see if there is something that I can take away and develop and therefore post back in the hope of helping each other, but your support is right on the money and very efficient for a community I must say, yet this leads me to my dilemma. I've dealt with most net code over the years and such I know a little php, enough to understand vanilla and the way it works, yet not enough to be all hardcore coding and such - which is why I plead for assistance now :) I've seen there are some threads about randomizing images on the forums but none really fit the bill with what I wish to do. I wish to randomize the header image on top of my website with 4 other variations of the banner each time a user logs in. the specifics are that it is a World of Warcraft guild (i'm sure many of you play), and the banners will each be specific to a faction from that game. I've hosted my site at www.defianceofvashj.tk if you want to take a look, but any help here is much appreciated. Also, if this code can be developed into a simple extension file that I could add more image banners when necessary, that would be perfect. Thanks for the support!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.