Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

HtmlFormatter 2.0

StashStash
edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
First off, many thanks to SirNot for this essential extension.

Next, a minor gripe. I like the Smooth Page Jump extension as I believe it feeds back useful information to the user that you are jumping to another point on the page, not another page. However, if I put a link in a comment that refers to a previous comment, it doesn't work because (I'm assuming) HTMLFormatter, sorry, HtmlFormatter changes it to an incorrect link.

Example

If I put this in a comment:<a href="#Comment_55459">link to a previous comment on the same page</a>
HtmlFormatter outputs:
<a href="http:///#Comment_55459">link to a previous comment on the same page</a>
Is there a way to get HtmlFormatter to recognise internal page links and leave them alone?

Comments

• done
  • StashStash
    edited February 2007
    Thanks SirNot, although 2.0.2 seems to break JQThickBox and InlineImages. I can set all of those up working on my test forum if you need to take a look (HtmlFormatter is currently disabled for that very reason).

Basically, when you click an inline image using ThickBox, the screen gets overlaid as you would expect, but nothing more really happens. I'll see if I can get some more detail for you on this one.
  • um, yeah a little more detail would be nice. what does the final html of the whole comment li look like? does it only happen with jtthickbox or does it also occur with other js image viewers?
  • Hmm, doesn't seem to be a problem now, even though I must have turned the extension on and off 5 times this morning, with it being off solving the problem each time... I'd say ignore this SirNot as it must have just been gremlins in the cogs. Sorry to have wasted your time.
  • edited February 2007
    i've installed your update and it killed all of my old html-inputs...I doesn't format any embed tags anymore changed it back to the old version. Don't know why but the new version did not work with my embed tags
  • edited February 2007
    I ran into two problems since I updated to the 2.0 version:
    - The Preview Bubble extension doesn't work anymore.
    - The Window Links extension doesn't work anymore.

In the first case, this may have something to do with the fact I modified the extension a bit (but it worked before the update). In the second case, I have no clue.

Is there a way to fix these issues?

Oh, by the way, the Smooth Page Jump extension still doesn't work for me (but it may be caused by a conflict with another extension, it doesn't work since quite a while on my forum).
  • NickENickE New
    edited February 2007
    @labelnoir: not meaning to sound rude, but well yeah, duh. it's not supposed to allow embed tags as they can be a security risk, and actually never allowed them by default to begin with. if you're trying to post video, I'd recommend using the build in video tags (which are easily extendable).

@O: um, not sure what could be the trouble for you, because the preview bubble extension (could be made a lot simpler, by the way) works fine for me with html formatter 2.02
  • don't get me wrong, Sir..;-) I was actually talking about the video-function which for some odd reason did not work anymore with the 2.0.2 I'll give it another shot on my testforum tomorrow though
  • Ø, Smooth Page Jump and earlier versions of JQuery and JQThickBox do conflict with each other with some pretty random results, so if you're using either of those extensions I'd highly recommend upgrading them to the latest versions.
  • Could anyone tell me whether this extension works with Apple's Safari browser? All WYSIWYG editors I've tried so far have failed miserably...
  • Works well although I have not tested the very latest version.

Posted: Sunday, 11 February 2007 at 6:16PM (AEDT)

• icouto this isn't a WYSIWYG wait till leopard is out and all be fixed with safari
  • @labelnoir: there was something screwed up with the video tags in 2.01, but if your using 2.02 and have enabled them in the extension then they should work fine.
  • @MySchizoBuddy: I had not realised, that I was already using this extension! *blush* Thank you for the info re: Leopard. Here's hoping! :-)
This discussion has been closed.