Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

automatic discussion creation

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i run a site called grouphug.us. on it, people read anonymous confessions from other users. a long-requested feature is to have discussions on these confessions. i've never had the time or resources (the site is ad-free, revenue free) to build a discussion system but vanilla is just gorgeous enough to work. i'd love to be able to have a discussion created with one press of a button on the existing site by any user, adding a topic title and comment. can this be done with an extension?

Comments

• Options
    holy crap nuts i love grouphug!
  • Options
    well i think you could prepopulate the topic title but the person would have to create the comment wouldn't they ?
  • Options
    You mean with no member accounts?
  • Options
    just give the guest account posting permissions
  • Options
    I guess he wants a button, and if clicked it either takes the user to the discussion, or automatically creates it then goes to the discussion based on the title of the article they were reading...

Bollocks if I know how to do that :X
  • Options
    hmmm it has to be possible
  • Options
    I suppose like, you would just make the forum variables being passed match exactly the form variables in the php file that creates a new post... that'd work fine.. then you would just have to write some code on your end to search the database and see if that already exists.

I think it would be more coding in your pages than in Vanilla.
This discussion has been closed.