Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

want to be able to delete users

13»

Comments

• Options
    hmm i came back because i have tried the delete user extention and it didn't work...

so i guess its phpmyadmin for me as well

but my question is what if the user had made a few comments... is that going to cause any problems... or does it just delete the user and their comments???
  • Options
    I think the deleting of users, by hiding or by actual removal from the DB, is essential for a piece of software as sophisticated as Vanilla.

It's quite normal to have several runs in testing the e-mails people receive and making a new user for each of those times. I personally have several test-accounts on my forum now.

Anyway, if anybody that can write PHP can update this extension, that's fine too! I would love to help, but that will probably be limited to making coffee and ordering pizza. :P
  • Options
    * marklindhout
    * CommentTimeJan 16th 2008

I definitely think a User Management extension would be nice.
    (delete users, archive/hide users, change user roles, bulk import users, bulk update users, bulk change roles, etc.)

What I do is use phpMyAdmin, but it would be nice to do it all from one interface.

Does anyone know if php has some sort scaffolding tool? If so, We could use scaffolding to generate some User Management pages based off the DB, then integrate that into an extension. I've used scaffolding in ruby on rails, but I'm not sure php has anything.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I love Vanilla & I'm not going to not use it on a current project, BUT I need some better user management...period. So, whos up to extending the user management features? I'm willing to offer some fair pay for the work. We'll donate it back as an extension to the 'nilla community when its done too. ;) If anyone is interested? Speak up! I need it done fairly soon. For starters... 1. A "View Users" page that lists all users & a simple user search, by username, email, etc. 2. A way to "Delete" users or at least delete them from view as much as possible, not worried about wiping the db. 3. A way to email All users, by role would be nice. (I think there are some things for this already? Need to browse some more.) Cheers
  • Options
    You can pay me for this if you like: 1. http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=355 & http://lussumo.com/community/search/ 2. http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=65 3. http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=228
  • Options
    Cool, I was onto Memberlist & Delete user already, hadn't found Massmailer yet ;) Why I mentioned not being worried about wiping the db also, sounds like some problems there. I'll play with these & post back first of the week. Looking like a good start for possibly combining a couple of these? Thanks again
  • Options
    I agree with Chuyskywalker and Marklindhout, that deleting users should be part of the Vanilla core. Perhaps this could be part of Vanilla 1.2? :)
  • Options
    I wonder if there has been any development in this direction.
  • Options
    Any updates on this? I think it's pretty ridiculous that a forum software doesn't have any kind of user management. And no, it's not OCD.
  • Options
    Could there be a script written with a timer set to automatically delete an account that hasn't been used for a certain amount of time (ex: 30days) along with any comments and uploads made by him/her ?
  • Options
    This is asking a lot.

What about comments and replies linked to those comments you want deleted?

A sure way to screw up your database!

There is a script to delete a user in the add-on section but I think this leaves comments intact and it is not timed, all manual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent on Sunday March 15, 2009 at 5:05 PM