Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User time out

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Howdy. A user complained after typing a post for 30 minutes then getting logged off and losing the post. Is there any way to cancel or greatly increase the amount of time before a user gets auto logged off? I can find nothing in the documentation or the various setting screens. Thanks for any help. I'm a brand new Vanilla user and am loving it so far.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure, but I suspect that if the user checks "remember me" (or whatever the wording is) when logging in, it probably wont happen. Don't take my word for it though.
  • Options
    One thought is to pass the information to the add comments extension--which then shows its usual forgot username/pass messages.

You know, it may do this already??? Hmm...
  • Options
    dan39dan39 New
    edited February 2007
    There's a setting for the number of posts the user can make within a given time under "Settings". If a user tries to post within that time frame, they get an error. So, I would guess there would be a way to leverage that functionality into a separate "time out" role and setting that you can assign to various users. I think that would be a much better way to go then to have them logged out. Not sure if that can be done or not though.
  • Options
    I think you may have missed the point, dan (or I have) - I'm under the impression this guy's complaining that his session expired while writing an incredibly long post?
  • Options
    Just tested and can confirm that the add comments extension will save all the typed comment and ask for a username and password if the session times out.

Install that and you should be good.
This discussion has been closed.