Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Help with administration

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My account is the administrator account on my vanilla forum. I am looking for an easy way to organize discussions into a new set of categories that have been created. I can click on the 'edit' of my discussion and move it to different categories, but if I click on edit of a regular members comment I do not have the drop down menu to move it to a different category.... Is there some extension (although I have looked and looked) That would give me the administrator an easy way to categorize all of the discussions?

Comments

• Options
    You should have exactly the same options when editing a members post (i assume you're talking about the first post in a discussion) as you do for your own...?
  • Options
    If not, you should check the permissions for your role. Make sure your role is allowed to edit any discussion and comment.
  • Options
    Maybe you're trying to edit a comment which is not the first of the discussion. You can only change a whole discussion's category, and you can do this only by editing its first comment.
This discussion has been closed.