Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

2 last questions for awhile

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I installed the attachments Version 1.4. I also created a folder called uploads in the root of the vanilla install and gave it 777 permissions. But, my files are not uploading. What am I doing wrong here? The default template side.php (I know nothing about php - cause html and css) I am assuming this is the side column. With the default instal I have "Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support." div - How can I get rid of that? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Any reason you're not using attachments v2?
  • Options
    Didnt know there was an attachments V2 - I will upload that one and check it out. Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    so that worked
  • Options
    haha - so I found the arrary to add in excel file extension - so I aadded the following 'application/vnd.ms-excel ' => array('XLS', 'xls',), But I am still unable to upload files. any idea. Thanks a ton
  • Options
    StashStash
    edited August 2008
    Try this line instead:'application/vnd.ms-excel' => array('xls', 'XLS', 'csv', 'CSV', 'xlsx', 'XLSX'),
    Just for reference, and I'm by no means saying this is a definitive list, or even error free, but here's what I have enabled in a private forum that I use at work:$Context->Configuration['ATTACHMENTS_ALLOWED_FILETYPES'] = array ( 'image/gif' => array('gif', 'GIF'), 'image/png' => array('png', 'PNG'), 'image/jpeg' => array('jpg', 'JPG', 'jpeg', 'JPEG'), 'image/pjpeg' => array('jpg', 'JPG', 'jpeg', 'JPEG'), 'image/x-icon' => array('ico', 'ICO'), 'application/pdf' => array('pdf', 'PDF'), 'application/x-pdf' => array('pdf', 'PDF'), 'application/msword' => array('doc', 'DOC', 'rtf', 'RTF'), 'application/zip' => array('zip', 'ZIP'), 'application/x-zip-compressed' => array('zip', 'ZIP'), 'application/octet-stream' => array('rar', 'RAR', 'doc', 'DOC', 'php', 'PHP', 'aspx', 'ASPX', 'asp', 'ASP', '7z', '7Z'), 'application/vnd.ms-excel' => array('xls', 'XLS', 'csv', 'CSV', 'xlsx', 'XLSX'), 'text/plain' => array('txt', 'TXT'), 'text/x-javascript' => array('js', 'JS'), 'text/css' => array('css', 'CSS'), 'application/x-gzip' => array('gz', 'GZ', 'tar.gz', 'TAR.GZ'), 'application/download' => array('rar', 'RAR'), 'application/x-msdownload' => array('exe', 'EXE') );
    And here it is without all the = signs lined up:$Context->Configuration['ATTACHMENTS_ALLOWED_FILETYPES'] = array ( 'image/gif' => array('gif', 'GIF'), 'image/png' => array('png', 'PNG'), 'image/jpeg' => array('jpg', 'JPG', 'jpeg', 'JPEG'), 'image/pjpeg' => array('jpg', 'JPG', 'jpeg', 'JPEG'), 'image/x-icon' => array('ico', 'ICO'), 'application/pdf' => array('pdf', 'PDF'), 'application/x-pdf' => array('pdf', 'PDF'), 'application/msword' => array('doc', 'DOC', 'rtf', 'RTF'), 'application/zip' => array('zip', 'ZIP'), 'application/x-zip-compressed' => array('zip', 'ZIP'), 'application/octet-stream' => array('rar', 'RAR', 'doc', 'DOC', 'php', 'PHP', 'aspx', 'ASPX', 'asp', 'ASP', '7z'), 'application/vnd.ms-excel' => array('xls', 'XLS', 'csv', 'CSV', 'xlsx', 'XLSX'), 'text/plain' => array('txt', 'TXT'), 'text/x-javascript' => array('js', 'JS'), 'text/css' => array('css', 'CSS'), 'application/x-gzip' => array('gz', 'GZ', 'tar.gz', 'TAR.GZ'), 'application/download' => array('rar', 'RAR'), 'application/x-msdownload' => array('exe', 'EXE') );
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    -stash- The stand allow line didnt work for me 'application/octetstream' => array('xls', 'XLS'), - I keep getting the following error Some problems were encountered You are not allowed to upload (whatever.xls) the requested file type: application/vnd.ms-excel BTW I added this line to mine also 'image/bmp' => array('bmp', 'BMP',),
  • Options
    Sorry it didn't work for you, what OS/browser are you trying to upload this from?
  • Options
    It's an old post, but for the record. I had the same problem, couldn't upload xls files. I solved it by adding 'application/vnd.ms-excel' => array('xls', 'XLS', 'csv', 'xlsx'), to the default.php in the Attachments extension.
  • Options
    Thanks, I've updated that in the code examples I gave above.
  • Options
    shouldn't it be:

'application/vnd.ms-excel' => array('xls', 'XLS', 'csv', 'CSV', 'xlsx', 'XLSX'),keeping with the capital & lowercase lettering for file extensions that is found elsewhere in the config.
  • Options
    Picky bastard! I like it :D Corrected and also the JPEG lines ;)
This discussion has been closed.