Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

add a mp3 player on all the mp3 link

2»

Comments

• i think i just encountered a problem with the plugin.

*** beware, this mp3 is NOT work safe ***

<a href="http://www.foosthole.net/snds/Tom_Baker-Commercial_Voiceover_Outtakes.mp3"></a>

comes out double (?) speed. i guess it has a low bitrate.

• flash requires constant bitrate mp3's vbr ones will either play slow or fast.
  • Of course the gadget won't work without HTML enabled, <a> tags are HTML elements.

The chipmonk effect with Flash and certain bitrates is well known, ain't nuffin' I can doodle about that.

BBCode, I don't use, it would require a modification to the (rather complex) JavaScript. Feel free to hack it!

Posted: Thursday, 8 March 2007 at 8:19AM (AEDT)

• wanderer, sorry if i offended you. i wasn't trying to be critical, just had some queries about the plugin and didn't know about the flash player VBR problem.
  • No offense taken mate pic

I find the ideal sample rate for Flash to be 44100 at 16 bits, it works every time.

Of course if you are using someone else's file, ain't nuffin much you can do about it, except perhaps download it, change the sample rate and store it on your own server.

Posted: Thursday, 8 March 2007 at 11:48AM (AEDT)

• this should work with BBcode as well, cause it works after the html is created.BBcode generates the html and this plugin makes em Live
    I still think improving HTMLformatter for mp3 would have been the best way to do. so u can use the preview as well. but thats just me.

Avcourse u don't actually need flash to play mp3. the plugin can generate a quicktime embed code. or windows media embed code. and they have no problem with VBR's
  • Quote: MySchizoBuddy
    pic don't actually need flash to play mp3. the plugin can generate a quicktime embed code. or windows media embed code. and they have no problem with VBR's pic
    There was a time when I would have agreed with you mate, but these days Flash seems to be much more universal than Quicktime and you know what I think of anything Windblows! pic

As for creating embed code, that's soooooo messy in a comment box, my members love the simplicity of pasting in a plain link to an mp3 file using my added Quicktags button: and the rest just happens magically.

Posted: Thursday, 8 March 2007 at 1:02PM (AEDT)

• edited March 2007
    well you can always do a check, if Quicktime is available then use that if not then use flash.and live with no VBR.
    i was sayign that ur javascript adds embed tags for flash. change the plugin to make it spit out Quicktime. u will still be able to use ur new cool Audio Button and ur users will be completely oblivious to the change. plus a cool extension will be one where it checked the mp3 tags and if it was VBR, will add quicktime?

PS good lord ur a leo just like me.
    how come we're so different. we both do love Macs. obviously
  • You give me too much credit mate, that's somebody else's script (couldn't find who to give the credit to) I just packaged it.

By the way, did you receive an email when you were approved to my forum?
    I got a fatal error this end!

How's the weather in Arizona?

Posted: Thursday, 8 March 2007 at 1:22PM (AEDT)

This discussion has been closed.