Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"banned" vs "guest"

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Just a quick note about the category settings: the phrase "Roles allowed to take part in this category" is perhaps a bit too vague. I turned off the "banned" members access in my category settings, thinking "I don't want banned members to take part in those categories," not realizing that it would make those categories unbrowsable to people who simple aren't logged in or don't yet have accounts. I now see that by checking the "Banned" box, those users can view the forums without being able to post in them, but I was confused by the terms used. Just something to think about when tweaking the UI. Otherwise I really like Vanilla a lot! http://www.b-fest.com/forum/

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    This one has been done over before and again. This is the result of mark removing the "applicant" role due to a change back in 0.8.11 or the versions before that causing a conflict along with a DB change. Mark, I think it's time to drop one of those possible redundant roles and add a "guest" or bring back "applicant" roles or something so people can quit asking this question :)
  • Options
    the applicant role isn't in 0.9.2?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    I actually think this is a new bug. I'll have to do some tinkering around on a fresh install to see. Thanks for the heads up, either way. Oh, and could someone add it to the bugs on the wiki?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I added a discussion topic under administrative on setting up public vs private forums on the main wiki page to get filled in. I'll try to throw this one under minor if I can sum it up in under 3 sentences :)
  • Options
    ahahah brievity is not your strong suit is it?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    No way in hell, just to save my sanity to prevent from repeating myself and answering the same questions I see over and over
  • Options
    I'm over consise if you need anything slimming down!
  • Options
    Well, since the role has been created, may as well live up to it ;) *concise
  • Options
    haha. I knew that was spelt wrong, and i knew how to spell it properly. I just couldnt be arsed changing it. Oh well.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    you're fired, mini :D
This discussion has been closed.