Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Languages + Error Messages

jonezyjonezy New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
so it's a really slow day here today... i've been spending a bit of time going through all the various classes for vanilla and i noticed that all internal error messages (in the sql classes and user classes) are hard coded... my thought, should they be moved into the language library? I think it makes sense to do this, as it helps enable a language consistent site...

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    good call, I'd like to replace all of the errors to say "houston, we have uh-oh!"
  • Options
    lol!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I actually left all of these errors in plain english on purpose. I can't remember the exact reason why right now, but I know it was a good one.
  • Options
    maybe for bug reporting?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    No, there was a programmatic reason why I did it. Like, a fatal error could be encountered that would cause the reference to the language file to cause a new error that would confuse the issue and take over as a new error - hiding the original error. Something like that.
  • Options
    i guess that makes sense?
  • Options
    besides, if mark or one of us is helping to fix someone here and someone posts an error in a language file, how are we going to know which error it is :)

(i know this is probably a lot less of a problem than I'm trying to make it out to be - =])
  • Options
    uuhhhmm... where is the file for errors dialogs?, I guess each translator could just do a patch for it.
This discussion has been closed.