Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

tab enter

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i know mark isn't bugfixing now (and i fully support that!) just wanted to get this out there. in the comment box, when you press tab and then enter, it doesn't submit. on my install of the forum (which doesn't have markdown enabled), this actually works. on here, it does not. i'm not sure that this is at all related to the markdown extension, but it's obviously between this box and the post button, so that's what i've been mentally blaming. any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    i swear to a bottle of rye that this used to work ?
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    er... okay, so i just did it, and it worked... but now that i'm replying to this thread, it doesn't. edit for clarity: when i posted the thread, tab enter DID work. when replying, tab enter DID NOT. also, editing posts does NOT work
  • Options
    jonezyjonezy New
    edited July 2005
    weird
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    it never works for me - it focuses on the Text radio button. for replies, that is.
  • Options
    Seems like the markup just needs to be re-ordered to put the comment formatting selection before the comment box.

although, it's really not so awful to have to hit tab-tab-enter... for now anyway.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    in its current state, it's tab-tab-tab-tab-enter to reply tho. :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    if you have a preferred method of posting comments, just use your account preferences to remove the comment formatting options and tab+enter is your daddy.
  • Options
    HOT!
  • Options
    i'm learning things daily. i love life.
  • Options
    The reasons why swapping this around wouldn't be a super plan were covered in another thread. /me digs around a bit... http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=474&page=1#Item_12 Enjoy!
  • Options
    dudes this totally works (tab+enter) now?
  • Options
    and i have all my formatting options turned on
  • Options
    in its current state, it's tab-tab-tab-tab-enter to reply tho. :)

huh, on Firefox Mac it's just two tabs. On PC it goes through all the options. I guess I trust the PC version more - particularly since the Mac version I'm using is actually Deer Park.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I think it's making the assumption that you're supposed to be tabbing in the order the code is laid out in.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    as well as how it's displayed, which is only logical
This discussion has been closed.