Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing Icon Size

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Where do I go about changing the max icon size in the files?
Your icon will appear next to your name in discussion comments and on your account page. Your icon will be automatically resized to 32 pixels wide by 32 pixels high.
I want to be able to change this 32x32 to a higher size.

Comments

• Options
    there is no way, intentionally.

large avatars are the devil. Satan himself if they move.
  • Options
    FLCFLC New
    edited July 2005
    yeah, anything bigger would screw up the sweet layout and actually there is, it's in the CSS .CommentIcon { position: absolute; top: 50%; margin: -16px 0 0 -40px; display: block; height: 32px; width: 32px; background: #fff center center no-repeat; } change height and width accordingly
  • Options
    Yep, found them. Thanks. :) I'm not changing it massively, just enough that people can have a decent avatar.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh, and that text needs to be changed in the language dictionary from "resized to 32 x 32" to "trimmed to 32 x 32". Has someone added that to the bug list?
  • Options
    I tried changing the icon size to 50 px high and 100 px wide but it overlaps the username and the body text of the comment. Is there any way I can keep the border margin of it?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You will probably have to restyle the username and body text to move over to the right and down. Not too difficult, I bet.
  • Options
    I'm not very good with margins and things like that.. would you know how much to change it to so it fits 50px h by 100px w?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Any css ppl want to get in on this? I'll keep bumping it until someone helps. I swear.
  • Options
    I can't tell you how to do it because I don't know because I'm new at webdesign.

http://www.ilovejackdaniels.com/css/css-cheat-sheet/

That might help you though.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    .CommentAuthorWithIcon { position: relative; padding-left: 108px; /* this is now exactly the same pixel amount away as the original */ Paddign-top: 13px; /* I pulled this number from my ass, just to add this line to the mix, the original .CommentAuthor style defines the height, but it was designed to be used with 32x32 icons so I added here that when you have an icon it should align right */ } .CommentIcon { position: absolute; top: 50%; margin: -16px 0 0 -40px; display: block; height: 50px; width: 100px; background: #fff center center no-repeat; } You should remove the quotations /* */ if you don't need reminders of what changes has been made and why. Also you can change the .CommentAuthor padding-top element if you want the whole forum be uniform, but I really think that it's not neccesary since the only ones to have the padding of 5px are the ones that don't have "avatars"
  • Options
    Thanks for that.. I'll give that a go!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks Kosmo :)
  • Options
    where exactly do i change this? css? php? which one? thank you
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited February 2006
    .CommentIcon

:D
  • Options
    in which folder... sorry for asking so many details, my learning curve is not that steep!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    global.css...
  • Options
    global.js you mean?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    no, global.CSS, in the /styles directory you're currently using for your forum.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    you are the best!!!! thank you lech!!!!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    you should actually thank FLC too, he's got the answer in the 3rd post :)
This discussion has been closed.