Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Footer Details

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
One last question :)

Where can I edit the footer details,

Lussumo Vanilla (0.9.2) Copyright © 2001-2005 Feeds | Bug Report | Terms of Service | Documentation

I want to edit the links and how they're displayed.

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    It's in the actual core, locked away in a nice dark place where you cannot reach them. As much as I like them, in my style at the moment (sorry mark) i've just put them to display:none; At the moment there's no way to modify them. At least not easily, no doubt for good reason :)
  • That sucks :( I wanted to add my own copyright notice and stuff to it.

I guess if it IS locked away it's to ensure that the lussumo copyright isn't removed? But the footer should be editable...
  • It's php...php is text...break out your handy editor and search for it. The stuff is GPL'd so you're allowed to fiddle with it...people might think nasty thoughts about you, but you can do it.
  • I know it's there somewhere, but I was hoping for a tip on where, I've already looked through a lot of the main files without luck.
  • From what I can see, the copyright bit is in the english language file
  • I thought I saw it there, too, but I was taking lech's word for it...ok, I learned my lesson :)
  • Definitely not in the language file, just checked.
  • the copyright bit definately is

line 271
  • Yep that is. But none of the actual links are. How they're displayed and in what order etc.
  • Feed - line 728
    Bug report - line 689

you just gotta know what to look for
  • @FLC - I know those exist. But what I mean is the display order of them, what they're linked to etc is not in the language file.

For example, they're in this order Feeds | Bug Report | Terms of Service | Documentation

but say I wanted to re-arrange that order... where would I? :-p

Get me?
  • ahhhh, yeah, their hidden well
  • you can style them in the .css under .foot, but swapping the order.. yeah what everyone else said.
  • any help mark?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    controls/common.controls.php class foot You can over-ride the class and do whatever you want. Read the new documentation put up last night at: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:development:objectfactory
This discussion has been closed.