Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tab 'Recent posts/comments'

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help

Aloha!

Can anyone enlighten me? I am pretty sure it's pretty easy to create a tab which shows a list of the most recent comments?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of a list of the most recent comments rather than the most recently updated discussions? Surely having it all out of context would just be a bit wacky?
  • Options

@dom: I have one board here where people come to hang out and use it almost as a chat room. So it's nice to have a way to see what's currently going on in different threads.

• Options
    Very easy, just find the tutorial for adding a new tab and add in the following as the link

http://[insert vanilla path here]/search.php?PostBackAction=Search&Keywords=&btnSubmit=Search&Type=Comments
  • Options
    though, that spews out all comments, but you get the idea
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    on top of FLC's suggestion, in order to pull this off via search (if that's the way you're going) you would need to include some kind of format to piece together the comments format type back together, as the search displays via plain text regardless if it's markdown or html
This discussion has been closed.