Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some new thing for core

y2kbgy2kbg New
edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I think vanilla needs to have a script that automatically adjust the conf/settings.php when you change the install directory.
Another thing would be to have the same thing but with exyension.php, if an extension is deleted but the reference is still there, allow you to edit the file to eliminate the problem references without have to force users to edit files directly

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I don't think that the install directory change should be a core problem/solution. But I do think that it would be nice if someone wrote an extension that allows you to change the directory reference. *hint hint*
  • i definitely think it is a core thing, it would eliminate many people on the forum having trouble charing directory. Maybe you could include it as part of the installer, to just update the the settings file(change dir) and extension file (remove extension that killed forum) so that people would not have to keep editing files manually and it would increase the the happyness level of many potential vanilla lovers. :)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2007
    If you are installing, you should already be sitting in the directory you want. This is a configuration change, and one that won't happen very often. If someone wants to make it an extension, I think that's a great idea. Vanilla is Vanilla. I'm not adding stuff that will only be used once in a blue moon.
  • I support Mark on this one I'm afraid. To be honest, all that is really needed is some concise instructions on what to do in the wiki (are there already?).
This discussion has been closed.