Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Known Bug List (read before reporting bugs)

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
### Unfixed Bugs

* There are various css glitches (especially in IE) - these will be addressed when the xhtml is finalized.
* There may be a disjoint between when you whisper in a thread and who the discussion list shows as the most recent poster. Need to examine further [ Reference ].

### Fixed Bugs

* Reset your password doesn't work and results in strange errors

Comments

• your game = tight
  • heres one. i just came here to log in for the first time... i used the form to reset password (didnt remember what i used when i signed up a while ago)..

i got the email allright with the link... i put the link in the browser bar, and it gave me an error telling me that i was missing part of the link, i made triple sure i had it all. kept getting the error.

then i backed up my browser and it was telling me that i was logged in. poof here i am

but now im trying to go into account and change my password from there.. but since i dont know what my old one is. im at a loss
    :)

besides that. i love the look. really smooth in here.
  • yooooo, derrickito's here!
  • i just duplicated that problem again on another computer, so basically i dont have a clue what my password is, but i can go through that process and log in somehow.
    :)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Wierd, derrick. Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at it.
  • Can you post the url that you got in your email?
  • that doesnt seem like a safe thing to do. if mark needs it he can email me.

no social engineering on me kids :)
  • hahaha - good point!
  • I just got approved for an account and received the same error. Craziness.

Oh, and Hi !!!
  • What browsers/computers are you guys using?
  • winxp sp2

tried in IE6 and Firefox 1.0.1
  • Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but I also noticed an issue in Firefox 1.0.1 with images that are larger than the page width:

In IE, the page width expands to wrap around the largest items on the page. In Firefox, the width does not.
  • i think thats a standard css function. IE handles it incorrectly and should not wrap around it like its doing for you.
  • just an FYI,.. i just redid the password thing, and it seems to work now. the link now works (didnt yesterday on 4 computers, mac and pc, wasnt stupid user error i dont think)..

tried it again today and it worked, didnt give the error and i successfully fixed password and logged in with it
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks Derrickito!
  • testing a bug.
  • mark, anyway you can somehow automagically close open tags from previous posts so everything doesnt get all italicized like i just did here?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited May 2005
    If I didn't allow html then it wouldn't happen. Personally, I like to allow html on forums I run just because I trust my friends and we take full advantage of the freedom it gives us. I bet most of the time people won't be allowing html on their forums - and rightly so since it can cause so many glitches (like this one).

But even then, worst case scenario, I can just block the offending comment (and refresh) and everything gets fixed.
  • rickrick New
    edited May 2005
    I guess most boards would opt for a BB Code style plug-in anyway, something like that could easily accomodate a check to close any tags left open