Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Migrating DB, need to reconnect?

edited April 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, My hosting plan migrated my service to a new server and I have not been able to connect to my Vanilla account since then. There error codes that come up are below. It looks a bit ominous to a relative newbie like me, but I check to make sure that the directory structure is intact and it appears to be so. I can connect to the install and upgrade files, they return a message that vanilla is already installed. The "appg/init_people.php" that is mentioned so many times is there, but of course that is about where my expertise ends. I know it may be a lost cause, but if there is anything I can do to reinstate this db I would love some guidance. thanks, Henry Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/headers.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 15 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/headers.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 15 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/headers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.4-6/share/pear') in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 15 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 16 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 16 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.4-6/share/pear') in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 16 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/conf/database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 17 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/conf/database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 17 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/conf/database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.4-6/share/pear') in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 17 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 18 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 18 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.4-6/share/pear') in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 18 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 19 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 19 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.4-6/share/pear') in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 19 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 20 Warning: main(/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 20 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.4-6/share/pear') in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 20 Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: context in /home/8839/domains/interactivehank.com/html/Vanilla.1.0.1/appg/init_people.php on line 40

Comments

• Options
    It appears that some of the Vanilla core files are missing, or the path Vanilla used to locate them simply changed on the new server. We don't know about the database yet, but it just might be OK.

Rename (or remove) the conf/settings.php file, and you should be able to run the install again. This should update the paths and hopefully get your Vanilla back on its digital feet.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Open up your conf/settings.php file and take a look. Some of your path settings are incorrect now that your hosting provider has moved things around. What they should look like is this:

$Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'] = '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/'; $Configuration['DATABASE_PATH'] = '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/conf/database.php'; $Configuration['LIBRARY_PATH'] = '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/library/'; $Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH'] = '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/extensions/'; $Configuration['LANGUAGES_PATH'] = '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/languages/'; $Configuration['THEME_PATH'] = '/home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/themes/vanilla/';

Also, now would probably be a good time to upgrade to Vanilla 1.1.2
  • Options
    Hmm, I thought I could reset my paths using the previous posting help, but alas I am not having any luck. Right now what I have done is deleted the Vanilla directory from my site and extracted a fresh back-up to my desktop, as it was before I started making any changes. I thought all I would have to do was change the path to the conf settings file, the I went to a shared gridserver setup on my hosting plan and thoght the only change I needed to make was adding an "s" to the db path, from: /home/8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/' to /home/s8839/domains/hippopotty.com/html/interactivehank.com/Vanilla.1.0.1/' Of course to all the paths in the setting file, but that didn't work and I relaized I may need some more support. I would love to upgrade at the same time, so I downloaded a fresh copy of Vanilla 1.1.2. So what is currently on my desktop is: Vanilla 1.01 with all my previous settings Vanilla 1.1.2 fresh copy No Vanilla files on my domain. Please advise if possible. Thanks very much, Henry
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Why not:

1. Back up your existing database with a mysqldump.
    2. Delete your existing Vanilla database entirely.
    3. Upload the new Vanilla 1.1.2 files to your server.
    4. Run a fresh install of Vanilla 1.1.2.
    5. Restore your old Vanilla database from the backup.

Then you'll have a completely fresh install with all of your old discussions.
This discussion has been closed.