Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Integrating Vanilla's Search into a Dynamic Site

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi all, this topic may be beyond my current state of PHP expertise, but I'm wondering what it would take to get Vanilla's search engine to access the other DB tables on my site. Currently, I'm using the Sphider engine, which is excellent, but redundant. Sphider will, of course, crawl all of the Vanilla discussions as well as the rest of the site, however it would be great not to have to crawl by hand (or with cron) every time a new entry is made.

What I want is for new entries site-wide to be accessible by DB search immediately after they are made -- just like they are in Vanilla.

Can this be done as a Vanilla extension? Or would I have to alter Vanilla's core search files? If anyone has any ideas on how this might be done and where to start, I'd appreciate it, and I'll take it from there. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.