Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User Group Checkbox Organizer

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or brought up before or not, so I'm just tossing it out there. Also I have no idea if Vanilla is built in such a way that this would even really be possible.

One of my main issues with Vanilla is the fact that the User Group Permissions Area Thing (TM) (I'm at work I can't remember what it's called, I'm sure you can figure out what I'm talking about) is just a giant list of possible permissions. It's mostly unmanageable at first, start tacking on extensions and it's just a mess.

I'd love to see an Add-On (or even have this built into the core as it's not a functionality extension) that organizes these Checkboxes based on some sort of categories. So there could be a few boxes that visually separate the different areas of permission. Also I think extensions should be able to make their own group somehow and put their boxes in there. If an extension doesn't take advantage of that there should be some sort of uncategorized extensions grouping.

Anyway I think this would help a lot as I find the majority of the issues with Vanilla to be with the way the admin area is set up, I recognize completely that it makes sense to a lot of people (and it makes sense to me too), but you really have to be familiar with how it works to take advantage of it. I'd like to see the next somewhat major release take a stab at overhauling that area.

I hope I wasn't offending anyone with that, the work that has been done is phenomenal and I'm building a site around Vanilla as we speak, so I'm very happy with it.
This discussion has been closed.