Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

hmm wouldnt it be cool to have this on the lussumo site

y2kbgy2kbg New
edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
well i dont know if this idea sounds crazy or not but we go, when people are discussioning differant code from lussumo source they wanna share it with people sometimes. Also, i sometimes want to do some investing or searching through the entire search.

I think there should be an online version of the source that:
-Is searchable
-permilinkable

the only think i see that i see whitch could get in the way of making this easy, would be backward compatibility with permilinks, therefore i think each version of code could be archived(in its own folder or something) and the version number as a parameter in the permilink.

this way, the display could be rendered from source, and line number perimilinks added with code.

Well i hope this is a good idea and i don't sound crazy :-)

Comments

• Options
    That is such a good idea, I'm suprised Subversion doesn't do it already! Only problem I seee is most posted code isin't Vanilla source, but custom code.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That's a good idea. You can already use the svn for that (without line number or permalink into the code). Something like that [ http://lussumo.com/svn/vanilla/tags/Vanilla-1.1.2/ ] wouldn't be good enought ?
  • Options
    i didnt know that that was there.. but i still think permilinks would be cool
This discussion has been closed.