Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notify extension error Failed: (404) Not Found how to solve it?

hello
I had a conflict with the Notify extension that provoques my extension list do not show up complete on the manage section. I solved this issue by just changing the name of the default file at the Notify extension folder. The file name was Default.php and I changed it to the lowercase default.php

Now the list is showed up but I just have another problem, when I try to use the Notify extension and I try to subscribe to a discussion or a forum the following popup appears: Failed: (404) Not Found

I cannot subscribe to anything

I don't really know how to solve that. any help is appreciate it

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    If I were to guess, I'd say that the notify extension's code references the default.php file as Default.php. Further, Vanilla only looks for lowercase default.php, which is why it was screwing up your extension list before. Now that you've changed the case, and since your server seems to be case-sensitive, it can't find the file so it can't process any of the directives you are attempting to run.

This is just a wild guess, mind you, but to fix it, I'd open up the default.php file (and any other php file included in the extension) and do a search/replace on "Default.php" to "default.php".
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2007
    Oh, and if that does fix it, I'd go to the notify extension add-on page and report the bug to the author. That should be changed in his extension so that it doesn't happen for other people...
  • thank you Mark ! I will do it and I will let you know .. later I will go to notify the bug ... I have a doubt Must I search JUST on the files inside THAT extension or somewhere else?
  • ok I fixed it .... there is no other mention to Default.php in any of the files but there are other files with uppercase: Style.css Ajax.php I set them to the lowercase and all runs ok now. Ok I will go to report the bug. I belive this just happens with case-sensitive servers. Thank you very much for the idea!!
  • Is there only one Notify add-on?

I didn't find the default.php file capitalised wrongly but I do get this...

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 224

Line 224 is
    $SubscribeOwnStatus = CheckSubscribeOwn(&$this->Context);

Posted: Sunday, 1 April 2007 at 3:57PM

This discussion has been closed.