Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

iTunes to be DRM free (EMI only)

Steve Jobs Audio Announcement Part 1: http://www.trolano.com/EMI_Pressconference/SJOBS_EMI_pt.1.mp3 Part 2:http://www.trolano.com/EMI_Pressconference/SJOBS_EMI_pt.2QA.mp3 Announcement from TUAW EMI songs be DRM free, but they will also be available at twice the bitrate of other songs on iTunes. There is a catch though, single DRM free tracks will cost $1.29 with DRMed tracks of the same music (at a lower bitrate) still available for $.99. You will also be able to 'upgrade' EMI tracks you have already purchased for $.30 each. Albums will be DRM free, though they won't charge a premium (hence, most will cost $9.99) and all of EMI's music videos will drop the DRM but remain priced at $1.99. Jobs says the tracks will be available in May. by end of this calender year 50% of iTunes songs will be DRM free Entire album purchases will stay at the same price, but have the higher audio quality and will be DRM free.

Comments

• Options
    Nice I'm glad that they are doing this now but they should drop the price of DRM music to something like $0.79 and have DRM free tracks at the original $0.99.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    out of curiosity - for people who buy music, how many of you use electronic-only services such as iTMS?
  • Options
    I use Beatport or Bleep. They have legal lossless downloads without DRM from indie electronic music labels. I would never spend money for compressed MP3s. I'm too picky about sound quality.
  • Options
    I'll start using online services when I can buy stuff DRM free and lossless, so thanks for those gridface :)

What's the betting it's like £1 in the UK (or just not available). I love how in America they reckon the exchange rate is $1 = £1 *sigh*
This discussion has been closed.