Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

comments page html

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i realise this can be done with an extension, and will add this with an extension if necessary, but i think it should probably just be part of the actual html. is there some way we could add a marker of some sort to the comments on the comments pages so it would be possible to reliably and efficiently access them via the DOM? what would be perfect would be something along the lines of a body div (which already exists) whose children is only divs or spans or somethings that contain the individual comments. as it stands, the body div has about 200 children for a 20-reply thread. on a side note, i can navigate the comment pages just fine via the dom, but there's certian things that muck up the rhythm, like the douchebag tag, which adds another child. forgive me if this isn't clear, it's a bit difficult to communicate.

Comments

• Options
    well... i just took another look, and there is, in fact, a div that contains each post. i guess that changes my question... does anyone know how to pick out/count the number of posts on a comments page via javascript?
  • Options
    you guys can TOTALLY ignore this thread. i'm on top of this. completely. i swear, i just just abstain from communication on mondays. anyway, if you're interested, there's a property of elements that allows you to choose elements by class: element.className i'm all done for today. thanks for your time.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What would you like me to do exactly?
  • Options
    nothing, nothing at all. i'm attempting to to keyboard shortcuts to the comments pages, but i'm learning all about the DOM firefox-style. it's been several years since i've done this, so the document.getElementsByTagname("div")[0].className attributes are a totally new experierience for me. so we're cool. i just need to catch up with the times.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    :D
This discussion has been closed.