Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is php 5 supported?

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just setup a development server on my home network running fedora core 4 which is apache2 and php5 I'm getting the following error on index.php. Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in ./library/Utility.Page.class.php on line 32 Fatal error: Call to a member function NewContextObject() on a non-object in ./appg/init_internal.php on line 54 I'm stumped. I just wanted to make sure vanilla supports php5 before I go searching further.

Comments

• Options
    as far as i know it is not supported.
  • Options
    ah ha. That explains it. Thank you.
  • Options
    Am I blind or do the docs not have any sort of requirements in them?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2005
    The docs are a work in progress, sorry.

I've had a few people get it working on PHP5. It required some changes to the php.ini or apache, though. The problem is that older php classes are very different from php5 classes, so you have to make some changes to support older php class methodology.

I think there was a discussion about it here
  • Options
    I had no prob with php5/apach2 apart from that bug in the extensions management discussed in the thread above. Definitely none of these fatal errors in the first post of this discussion (apach2.0/php5 running on freebsd 5.4)
  • Options
    Thanks fellas. Yeah I installed it on a debian woody (apache1.3/php4) box with no problems. I'm not real familiar with the new config options in apache2 and php5 so I'm not sure what the problem is with fedora core 4.
  • Options
    Works fine for me on 5.0.4 M.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Ricky, I don't think that the flavor of nix is really the question unless there's some really strange permission settings being taken on from one to the next when dealing with php + apache. If anything, it's most likely the php setup itself, then apache. From what I've been told, apache2 is still a little weird but once it's running it does well. I still have yet to see that for myself though :|
  • Options
    right, didn't mean to imply it was a distro issue... just meant that it was working fine on a really ooooold system. Anyway, just to clear this up. I was getting all sorts of errors on fedora 4 amd64 install with apache2/php5. It was a fresh install so I don't know if something was messed up with it or what. I installed vanilla on fedora 4 i386 (apache2/php5) and everything is fine except for the noted problem in extensions manager. Weird... I know. I just wanted to clear that up.
This discussion has been closed.