Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

mailgroup

MekDropMekDrop New
edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This is not true Vanilla add-on (Vanilla apie is allmost not used), but it was created for use with it. With mailgroup everyone can turn own Vanilla forum to something similar to Yahoo Groups or Google Groups: any member can post to forum by e-mail, new forum items are send by email to. When user want to post to forum he sends email message to email address, specified in configuration. Now mailgroup is can read mail's from only POP3 mailbox (without ssl). HTML mail support is very poor. Attachments are unsuported. To run mailgroup you will need access to crontab or similar tool. If You want to install mailgroup, You will need to do these steps: [x] Download all files (from http://www.skycommunity.lt/files/vanilla1.1_mailgroup0.1.rar ). [x] Extract contents of archyve to root folder of Your Vanilla installiation. [x] Edit file ./mailgroup/mail.config.php [x] If You use crontab, then add these lines (NOTE: these lines can be different in different systems): */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /vanilla_forum_root_path/mailgroup/mail2forum.script.php > /dev/null 2>&1 */6 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /vanilla_forum_root_path/mailgroup/forum2mail.script.php > /dev/null 2>&1 Because I have no time for developering future versions of this tools, I will not support it. Also if you want to modify or use in some other projects, you can do. mailgroup doesn't use any license.

Comments

Do I place this in the command to run box:

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /vanilla_forum_root_path/mailgroup/mail2forum.script.php > /dev/null 2>&1
    */6 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /vanilla_forum_root_path/mailgroup/forum2mail.script.php > /dev/null 2>&1

with the vanilla path edited or is there something further that must be done?

Also shall I 'use locking'?

thanks.
  • Has anyone tried this? Or because it goes outside of the normal vanilla box, are people thinking of shying away from it, like me? I'd like to see this extended so that it fits more into what Vanilla actually does, as in - an actual extension.
  • I'm dying to get this running but I need support (which isnt provided). It would be absolutely amazing if someone could extend on this development and offer it as a proper addon.
  • bump.
  • What support do you actually need?
This discussion has been closed.