Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Modrewrite: category and discussion names

edited April 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi

I searched this forum but didn't find the information I'm looking for.

I'm trying to change the following 2 things:

domain.tld/discussion/2/discussion-name/ to
domain.tld/discussion-name/

and

domain.tld/1/ to
domain.tld/category-name/

I'm sure someone has done this for his or hers forum. Could anyone post the code for the htaccess file?

PS: I'm using the Friendly Url Addon

Comments

• Options
    The category names is actually on my TODO list for my own forum, so I will post the code when I get to it. I believe it would require setting each category name inside the .htaccess, to rewrite to the corresponding URL. You would also have to modify GetUrl() (in Framework.Functions.php) to send requests for a category to the category names. ... Yes, this means that whenever you rename or add a category you will have to edit .htaccess again.

You could do domain.tld/2/discussion-name/ rather easily once you already defined rules for categories, but the discussion ID should be in place, otherwise things get complicated rather quickly when you need to handle more than one discussion with the same name.
This discussion has been closed.