Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

anti whisper

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
there should be a way to say something to everyone *except* a cartain person

Comments

• Options
    like a selective shout-out. I like it!
  • Options
    they are talking about you behind your back lol
  • Options
    it could be called gossip
  • Options
    exactly!
  • Options
    while i can see uses for this, it seems a little contrary to the idea of a public forum... if you want to keep someone from seeing something posted, post it in a category they don't have access to. but hey, extension!
  • Options
    what if the user youre antiwhispering too is the same or higher role? thats like saying why not create a category that only you and the person you want to whisper to have access to...
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    A multi-recipient whisper would be a slightly more useful feature, though you may aswell just add another role and a private category...
  • Options
    oh, man, i just came up with something crazy. i don't even know if it's possible. expression-based addressing for whispers. whisper: moderators,members NOT bobseric wow, that'd be cool.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    My very first idea for Vanilla was called "Conversations". It was entirely based around whispers - except you'd define groups of people who could see and participate in your discussions. You'd manage accepting new people into your discussions, etc. It was the ultimate clique-forum. I ditched the idea eventually because I didn't think people would "get it" until they had first seen something like Whispers. So yeah, Conversations is still lingering in the back of my head.
  • Options
    stuart - thats still missing my point. particularly for non admin users. jsanders - yeah, thatd be cool. mark - rocks.
  • Options
    Hmm. Lots of yummy ideas!
This discussion has been closed.