Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No Hyper Links, No FCKedit, No tinymce . . . help?

HortonHorton New
edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My install of Vanilla will not run FCKedit, or tinymce. I can live with that. But now I discovered that I or a user can not post a hyper link. NO HTML links!?! WTF? I am with GoDaddy (and am not a real geek) they installed everything for me except the version update and extensions. Could it be at their end? By the way LiveSearch, Forum Statistics, Nuggets & Poll work like a charm . . . I am not all stupid As for the editor files yes the files are in the right places . . . FCKedit threw me but eventually I read the instructions . . . Horton

Comments

• Options
    all I want is to do this . . . . http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4365/html-test/#Comment_68363
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    the links work if u install HTML Formatter or any other formatter.
    Since u said u can't install extensions ur out of luck.

PS GoDaddy sucks
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    If you're allowed to ftp into godaddy and manage files under your account, you should be able to add the HTML formatter add-on by yourself providing you have access to your files. Once that's installed and enabled you'll be able to post comments as HTML instead of just plain text.
  • Options
    I can FTP the extension files and most work but the editors do not work. I would like to think I have done something wrong . . . but wonder if GoDaddy has somehow screwed it up . . .
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Odd, so you basically do have access to your entire Vanilla installation on there except any extra extensions you upload and enable don't work? that's mighty strange indeed if that is the case.
  • Options
    HortonHorton New
    edited May 2007
    Yes and No . . . all the other extensions that I have tried to install seem to work. I have seen some other strange bits but for the most part the only thing that does not work is the editors.

Take a look www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    OK, so it appears you don't have anything other than a database set up and a blank forum unless you've hidden categories. If you can create another database, why not instead download a fresh copy of Vanilla, unzip and upload it to your host and try setting it up manually? Providing you can create and access a new or existing database (save the /conf/ directory from this install) and start with your own base you may have better luck.
  • Options
    Horton, if you are just concerned with a hyper link, how about installing Forced BBCode add-on instead of FCKedit?
  • Options
    Never mind I got it and I feel really really dumb. I am going to go hide under a rock. Don't ask.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    enable extension is my guess :)
  • Options
    i think the readme file of fckedit must add some explanation on enabling this extension, especially on ticking it under Account tab.
This discussion has been closed.