Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

feature removal

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
something i ran across today... i had an idea it existed, but didn't actually know how to work it: / me i know mark had said that he would actually be removing features from the core and reinstating them as extensions. i'd just like to nominate this one for that, i'd like to be able to turn this off. as far as this goes, any other text-transformations that aren't associated with some sort of customer formatters would be better served as extensions, as well. /me puts in his 2 cents

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I was thinking that the Text formatter should have all autoformatting removed and there should be another text formatter for the / me and autolinking urls.
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    we're on the same wavelength, buddy! i wasn't sure if that's how you had it working, or if that's how you wanted it to work, but that's what i was thinking. unrelated, i type *customer* so often at work, when i try to type *custom*, my fingers just keep on moving
  • Options
    Can I interject and suggest that the replacement of / me should include a space after the / me?

The way it is now you can type, for instance, "spy/merc" and it will replace it with your username. See?

Or maybe I should just submit a bug report for that. =)
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    okay, what the hell? i swear that happened on our forum like an hour ago. and it worked. was it the quotes? or does it have to be plaintext for that replacement to work? i'm confused.
  • Options
    spy/merc i dunno, that's exactly what i did, too
  • Options
    oh, and it works for you! i guess i'm not cool enough!
  • Options
    i belive that it only works in text mode.

/me doesn't seem to work in html/markdown.
  • Options
    /me
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yes - bug report, please :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited August 2005
    added under level 0, current enhancements
This discussion has been closed.