Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Request: Core change to AddListItem

edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Can this function be changed so that the List Items don't have to be links? For example, a Checkbox or Radio button that you don't necessarily want as a link? Would be nice to not have to hack something similar in our Extensions to mimic the code in the Panel class.

Comments

• Options
    use Addstring instead of ListItems
  • Options
    AddString didn't seem to work when I tried it earlier. Gave me my $ListName over and over... let me look at the function some more since I was probably using it wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Using AddString, I don't get the List Header that I would with $Panel->AddList('My Header'); and then subsequently using $Panel->AddListItem('My Header','Item1',''); So if using AddString, I have to add my <ul> and <li> tags and all other class names by hand? Doesn't that seem inherently wrong?
  • Options
    In Nugget extension I use Addstring and use H2 tag as a AllList substitute. It works just fine.
  • Options
    That's kind of what I was hoping to avoid unfortunately; passing html formatting code to the Panel just for a normal menu item on the Panel. I know its something I'd have to work with for now, but would appreciate not being forced to with any future versions of Vanilla.
This discussion has been closed.