Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla not working with XAMPP

edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Morning all. I realise a few people have posted questions regarding running Vanilla with XAMPP, and having searched & read these posts, none have helped. I run a few websites which currently use phpBB for the forums, however, i'm having some trouble with it (and spam!) so would like to change the forum software. Vanilla seems good, so i want to install a local copy, and then mess around with the styles, plug-ins etc to get it right for my needs before opening it up to the public on my sites. I've got XAMPP running on my USB Pen drive, and it works perfectly. I've got copies of Wordpress, TextPattern, phpBB & various other web-programs running on it and they all work. I installed Vanilla yesterday, and it said it installed ok! However, when I visit my vanilla installation, it tells me i'm not logged in. I Try to login, but this doesn't work either. It doesn't tell me it failed, but it still asks me to sign in to start topics etc, even though i have already signed in? I cant even access the admin as it wont allow me to login. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2007
    The cookie can't be created, you need a valid domain name for the session cookie created by Vanilla and localhost is not a Valid one. See this post: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/5814/sign-in-problems-with-vanilla-112/#Item_1
  • Options
    dinoboff, thank's for that. I dont know much about cookies, and how they work, but the problems i was having did suggest cookies! I've followed the info in that post, and it works perfectly now :) Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.