Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Settings don't work

edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When I log in as an admin, the settings section has a list of all the different settings you can set, but you can't actually click on them to go anywhere to change the settings. Is this a permissions problem? It happens with more than one account that have the role of admin. This is what the settings page displayed, but there are no links: Using this section you can manipulate all configurable settings for your Vanilla installation. Summarized below are the standard menu items and their functions. Depending on your permissions, you may or may not see all of the menu items listed: Application Settings This is the main configuration screen for Vanilla. It allows you to change the banner text, manipulate spam controls, define cookie settings, and change basic forum options like whispers, categories, etc. Updates & Reminders Configure how often you should be reminded to check for updates. Ping back to Lussumo for the latest updates for Vanilla. Roles & Permissions Add, edit, and organize roles and permissions. Registration Settings Define how new members are handled: which role they are assigned to, do they require administrative approval, etc. Categories Add, edit, and organize categories. Extensions Extensions add extra functionality into Vanilla. Use this menu option to enable extensions and find new extensions from Lussumo. Themes & Styles Change the theme (xhtml templates) that Vanilla is built on, change the default style (css & images), and apply it to all users in the system. Languages Switch the language dictionary that Vanilla uses. Membership Applicants Vanilla does not have a "member list" like many other popular web forums. Instead we use our search to find and manage members. If approval is required for membership, this link will run a search that filters down to new (unapproved) members. Other options Depending on both your role's permissions and which extensions you have enabled, there may be more options in the menu(s) in this section. Welcome to the magic of Vanilla's extensions!

Comments

• Options
    Yep. That page confused me a bit also. First instinct was to click on the paragraph headings--which obviously aren't links.

The links are in the panel, to the left.
  • Options
    Weird, I don't have a panel to the left. I must have messed something up when I put a wrapper around it to match my site. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.