Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred (LUM_IpHistory)

Hello. My forum worked like a charm from the begining (since the beta) and right now I have the latest Vanilla release installed. Suddenly, I got this error for no apparent reason, and cannot open the forum:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
Technical information (for support personel):
Error Message
An error occurred while logging your IP address.
Affected Elements
Authenticator.LogIp();
The error occurred on or near: Table 'edesimuh_dipset.LUM_IpHistory' doesn't exist

I've tried repairing all of my tables, and every table got repaired except DiscussionUserWhisperFrom:

edesimuh_dipset.LUM_DiscussionUserWhisperFrom
error : Can't find file: 'LUM_DiscussionUserWhisperFrom.MYI' (errno: 2)

But I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Seems like you may have had a problem with your database - does your host know of any problems recently? Do you actually have a LUM_IpHistory table? If not can you run this SQL command:
    CREATE TABLE `LUM_IpHistory` (
    `IpHistoryID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `RemoteIp` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
    `UserID` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
    `DateLogged` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    PRIMARY KEY (`IpHistoryID`)
    );
  • Options
    I can't believe it, somehow half of my tables are gone and my backups are ancient (hdd crash etc). :(

Thanks for your help anyway.
  • Options
    Ok, one more question.. I'm missing the following tables, how important are they?
    UserBookmark
    UserRoleHistory
    UserDiscussionWatch
    Style
    DiscussionUserWhisperTo
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    They're all important and you will need to at least restore the tables in order for Vanilla to function properly. But on level of importance it looks like this:

UserBookmarks - Users bookmarks, if not restored, you just hosed all your users bookmarks.

UserRoleHistory - Not extremely important, but helpful if you want to know what kind of a role history users had on your forum.

UserDiscussionWatch - Another one of those trivial tables, deleting it's entries effectively makes all conversations for every user "new" again. Like nothing has been read, even your own postings.

Style - Important: You kind of want this one as it pretty much tells Vanilla where your styles are located...

DiscussionUserWhisperTo - Only Important if you've enabled whispering in the past and there are whispers on the forum. If this is missing you've done one of two things 1) Made those whispers public 2) made those whispers lost since they won't reach their recipient...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yes, I know that they are all essential, but I wanted to know which one of those can I only restore from the default vanilla install and hope for the best?

DiscussionUserWhisperTo - Only Important if you've enabled whispering in the past and there are whispers on the forum. If this is missing you've done one of two things 1) Made those whispers public 2) made those whispers lost since they won't reach their recipient...
    Well that's just great. :( Is there any way that I can delete all whispers altogether from the database?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Is there any way that I can delete all whispers altogether from the database?

If you have phpMyAdmin, select the Lum_Comment table and run this SQL query on it to weed out the whispers:

SELECT * FROM `LUM_Comment` WHERE `WhisperUserID` > 0;

Also you'll want to run a check on the Lum_Discussion table to normalize the counts among other things so take note of which threads you're deleting whispers from.

SELECT * FROM `LUM_Discussion` WHERE `TotalWhisperCount` > 0;

I suggest if you're going to be doing any of this you keep a hard-copy of the database pre and post-editing so you if you have to do it again you can easily restore whatever you screw up. Probably best to perform this on a Vanilla installation your users don't have access to while you do it so you can check things. Also feel free to dump the contentss of the Lum_DiscussionUserWhisperFrom and Lum_DiscussionUserWhisperTo tables.

This is all kind of messy, so what I'm suggesting is probably not all 100% accurate but you kind of get the idea since your DB is apparently mangled. Next time I suggest making a daily snapshot of the database with rolling backups so you don't run into this problem again down the road. That way the most you lose is a days worth of comments if the latest DB is hosed.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Doesn't your host do backups of your database for you?

That's BS if they don't.

Were they able to give you any explanation as to why your db was partially destroyed?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Depends on the host and setup, Mark. On my current host I've got shell so it's all DIY, no control panels or nothing. However if there is a control panel, I'd expect one of the options to include a DB backup schedule of some type.
  • Options
    Yeah. My hosts don't technically provide DB backups (though they do regularly do backups so it's more a case of 'if you're lucky..') but I have the option to do so. That said I've never had any issues in quite a few years.

It depends largely on the cost of service and therefore the quality, really. You're on a full managed service with a good company Mark so you can expect a little more (he says, talking as a possible future employee)
This discussion has been closed.