Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Logging me out automatically problem

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am having a problem with vanilla. I am viewing vanilla in a frame on my page, and I changed a few links in my theme to set the target as "_top". The problem is when I click links that have target="_top" I am signed out in the next page. Even after refreshing it asks me to sign back in. I'm assuming it's a cookie/session problem, but I'm not too familiar with the specifics of how those are managed. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    I've realized that this only occurs in Firefox, and not in IE 6+. Any ideas?
  • Options
    I'm hardly a cookie/session expert, but first thing I would check is make sure that both the rest of the site and the Vanilla links are consistent regarding 'www.' or any other subdomain before the domain. If thats not it, maybe the cookie path in conf/settings.php needs to be set to '/'?
  • Options
    Wow! You were dead on, my cookies were set for the mydomain.com, but I had links pointing to www.mydomain.com. Sure enough, that caused me to get "logged out". It didn't really log me out, cause I could always go back, I just wasn't logged in. Tricky that is.
This discussion has been closed.