Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

PreCommentOptionRender called for addons

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I am creating a new theme, and so far it is starting to look very cool(if i may say so). But i am walking into a few problems. especially with addons. (for example ThankfulPeople and CommentAuthorInfo) the use the PreCommentOptionRender to render there output. But they consequently render it in the wrong place. I don't want them any where near where they are outputted. I was wondering if there is a list of function calls like PreCommentOptionRender wich can be used in the comments. or is there a way to do this with css. I am trying to put the CommentAuthorInfo in a theme much like "tabled" under the user pic instead of to the right in the post. best regards,

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Use CSS to simply reposition it based on the given class attribute.
  • Options
    Ok i have tried css, but the vanilla theme and most of the addons are not fully css compatible.
    What i mean with that is most of the div's and span's have no ID or class.

For example:
    <ul> <li> <div class="CommentIcon" style="background-image:url(http://www.myhost.com/image.gif);">&nbsp;</div> <span>CommentAuthor</span><a href="http://www.myhost.com/account.php?u=17">Rotor</a></li> <li> <span>CommentTime</span>2 days ago</li> </ul>

I can move the image around
    but i want to move the comment time sepperatly from the comment author and the comment picture.
    as far as i know that can't be done by css, and is only possible by theme.

But please correct me if i am wrong.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    You could alternately modify the theme template and give it a class attribute for the comment time if you can't easily target it via a unique parent. That's really your only other option.
This discussion has been closed.