Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Newly Installed Vanilla

EvanEvan New
edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just installed vanilla and have no idea how to bold or italicize things. I also really need to insert an image, can this be done with Vanilla freshly installed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    try installing one of the add-ons like fckeditor or better bbcode.
  • Options
    Okay... but does that mean I cannot do it with a fresh install? And do I need FTP access to install add-ons or can it be done in the browser? I was not the one who did the install.
  • Options
    I read the readme.txt file in there and I do have to FTP, blah. But again, is it impossible to do with a fresh installation?
  • Options
    Yes it is impossible to do with a fresh installation. You need to install an extension.
    Take a look here.

Posted: Thursday, 14 June 2007 at 10:49AM

• Options
    you cannot do it with a fresh install. you need at least the html formatter add-on if you want to enter your own html in comments. at this time you need ftp access to install add-ons. it's a simple process - download the addon, unzip it in the extensions/ folder, go to your vanilla's settings->extensions page and tick the appropriate checkbox to enable it.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys!
This discussion has been closed.