Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Open Source but API's Available?

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm loving what I see when it comes to this product. I would like to integrate it into an existing membership site so couple questions: 1) Is there an API so the authentication and user list can be shared and jointly managed? 2) Likewise, is there an API so that categories, sub categories, discussions and topics can be created dynamically? ie, I have a membership site where people can create an account and then create a group. I'd like to automatically create a private forum for this group with the group creator as the moderator. Likewise, when someone joins the group, they have access to the forum depending on the permissions set by the moderator. Also, when someone logs in using our authentication, i'd like them to be able to have full access to the forums, post topics, etc. Cheers, -Kevin

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I found this tuto very useful to understand auth integration. Maybe you will too...
    About your dynamical wishes, maybe you'll find this page a good starting point (though nearly every page is empty).
    Feel free to update the docs if you find useful infos or out of date ones...
This discussion has been closed.