Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Image swap jQuery help please

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have used jQuery javascript library for the main menu of a website. Please, click the items with arrows next to them. What I need is change the image to darr.gif whenever the sub-menu next to it is extended. Help me plz. thanks (the original image is rarr.gif)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2007
    it should be something like $(el).attr("src", "darr.gif");
    http://visualjquery.com >> DOM >> Attributes

You can also add the arrow as a background and and change the class to change the arrow.
  • Options
    thanks... i thought of that already, but the problem is that when the sub-menu is hidden and the link is clicked, I need the darr.gif to appear, but when the sub-menu is shown and the link is clicked, I need the image to return to rarr.gif.

So, the script should somehow check whether the sub-menu is visible or not, which means that the line you mentioned would not work alone, i guess... thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    you can hide the menu, use $(el).toggleClass("showMenu"), and when a list item has the showMenu class, show the sub menu and the arrow.
  • Options
    wow... easy... you are too cool, Daniboff. I appreciate it, of course, but thats too cool for me... im not that knowledgeable in jquery/dom/js yet... could you please explain that one in steps.. thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Here an example:
    <style> /* Hide the menu */ ul#menu ul { display: none; } /* if you don't need the animation: ul#menu li.showMenu ul { display: block; } */ /* Change the arrow */ ul#menu a.level1 { padding-right: 20px; background: transparent url(rarr.gif) center right no-repeat; } ul#menu li.showMenu a.level1 { background: transparent url(darr.gif) center right no-repeat; } </style> <script> $(document).ready(function(){ $(".level1 a").click(function(){ // get the parent of the clicked link //and add it the showMenu class if it doesn't have it // or remove the class, if it already have it $(this).parent().toggleClass("showMenu"); // Get the next sibling // and slide it up or down $(this).next().slideToggle('slow'); }); }); </script> ... <ul id="menu"> <li> <a class="level1" href="#">Cat 1</a> <ul> <li><a href="#">link 1</a></li> </ul> </li> </ul>
  • Options
    Here is a tabview tutorial (the same principal could be use for your menu) that is really cool and simple, and that just need some lines of JavaScript and css without any library: http://snook.ca/archives/javascript/managing_style_and_state/
  • Options
    thanks, Daniboff... this is why I LOVE LUSSUMO!!! thanks again..
  • Options
    yw,

dInOboff
  • Options
    oops.... sorry, Dinoboff
This discussion has been closed.