Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Two Requests For Addons - Subcategories and non-avatar Staff Icons

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'd like to be able to break up the Categories into Sub-categories. Ex: Entertainment / Video Games / Sony / Playstation 2 That's a lot of sub categories, but even if I can get two levels, it'd be better then the current one. ============== And, staff icons, that don't affect the avatar. Two ways of implementing that. Either restrict regular users from using certain characters (like ₪) and only allow those characters when applying a role. Or simply apply a new span next to the name of the user and insert a small image icon there. ----------------------------- If I have time I'll try to figure out how to make those two myself, but since I'm usually busy, if anyone would be willing to, I'd really appreciate it. EDIT: It appears that many people have the same wish as me, sorry to double post the same idea but at least this will raises awareness of the need.

Comments

• Options
    Aye, subcategories has been a long-standing request. Good luck.

One way to get staff icons would be to change the theme files a bit to make the role tagline into a badge:
    "Staff" badges # 1

This isin't the only way, but its probably the easiest.
  • Options
    Thanks for the good luck, but the second idea looks far more feasible. Thanks a lot for the heads up.
  • Options
    I just put dashes in front of my categories.

Main Category
    - Subcategory 1
    - Subcategory 2
    Another Category

I just use categories to set user permissions, not to separate discussions. One of the beautiful things about Vanilla is that all of the discussions still appear on the same page no matter what category they're in. (Provided you have the proper permission, of course.)
This discussion has been closed.