Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

anyone used Curl to login to vanilla?

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, Recently I started a project that needs to integrate a forum.
Like many other posts here I also have my own user management system but I haven't seen anyone discuss using Curl to login.

Is this not possible, or simply not the best approach?

Comments

• Options
    The file download utility?

Not the best approach. If you have a homebrew system, I would recomend dropping it for People unless it has a feature you or your users require.
  • Options
    Well, it does, there's a hole CMS around it so that option isn't viable.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I don't have much experience with sessions and Vanilla, or any other web apps for that matter. I won't recomend one method I do know works because it simply is not secure.

Curl won't work because it won't give the user's browser the cookies necessary to link the session to the browser.

Vanilla is made modular enough to be able to just pull out the built in session handling and replace it with whatever you have, like has been done with Wordpress. I did come across a joomla (or maybe it was drupal?) "bridge" that integrated sessions, and am sure there are other ways to pass the session data into Vanlla.

This may be helpful:
    How would I detect someone was logged in on a non-Vanill page? # 5
  • Options
    I am trying to log in members through curl. Here is my code: [Code] $ReturnUrl=""; $RememberMeID=""; $PostBackAction="SignIn"; $LoginParameter="txtUsername=shopno&txtPassword=dinga&PostBackAction=$PostBackAction&ReturnUrl=$ReturnUrl&RememberMeID=$RememberMeID"; $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); // make sure we get the response back curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"http://localhost/onehotnanny/forum/people.php"); //Localhost curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$LoginParameter); $Output=curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); echo $Output; // For Test Purpose [/Code] I am getting the login page with warning: Some problems were encountered You did not supply a valid username. You did not supply a valid password. Please help me to resolve it. I am getting
This discussion has been closed.