Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change roles

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I create a new role and give that role the ability of changing the role of users. I understand that with this new role, one can change the role of a user in whater role is possible (even adminsitrator). Is is possible to reduce the choice to a certain number od roles possibles (but not all) ? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    it makes sense to only be able to change roles below ones pay grade... Not sure if this is in allready, but would make a good add on.
  • Options
    I think Mark changed it so only that could happen...didnt he?
  • Options
    As far as I have seen and tested, I would say no...
  • Options
    Oh. Addon it is then..
  • Options
    Which one ? Is there also an option to change role automatically after a certain time (for instance after a certain time of inactivity, the status of active member becomes passive or guest...)
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant it should be done as an addon (or maybe in the core..hmm), as far as I know it hasn't been done already. I don't think your second request exists either I'm afraid.
  • Options
    So perhaps this discussion would better fit in Add On request category...
This discussion has been closed.