Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

error_log

sjeepssjeeps
edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,
I keep getting these errors in my site's erro_log:

[17-Jul-2007 18:17:22] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.DiscussionForm.php on line 163 [17-Jul-2007 22:53:27] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REWRITE_/ in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 530
I'm running php 5.2.2

What is it?!

Comments

• Options
    My error log is now over 6MB!
    I keep getting this errors:
    [22-Jul-2007 19:58:43] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.DiscussionForm.php on line 163

[22-Jul-2007 21:59:33] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REWRITE_/ in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 530

Anybody knows what it is or what went wrong?!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Is this also appearing when you view other users profiles? I've seen this a lot recently even under my own installations and am curious as to what's causing it.
  • Options
    @ lech "Is this also appearing when you view other users profiles?" No, I think you misunderstood me.. I don't get these errors when viewing anything. These are the errors I find in my site's error_log file
  • Options
    GetUrl (when url-rewriting is enabled) resets $PageName (2nd arg) to $Configuration['REWRITE_' . $PageName] in all cases except when $PageName is already './' or 'index.php'.

I would first suspect the extensions. Maybe one is calling GetUrl with "/" as the page name.

I don't see how the other is happening, unless somebody's delegate is erasing the Comment object within DiscussionForm.

@sjeeps: could you list the extensions you have installed?
  • Options
    Here are the list of the extensions I've installed:
    Category Jumper
    Contact Form
    Html Formatter
    JQMedia
    JQuery
    Meta tags
    Nuggets
    Page Manager
    Preview Post
    Rss2 Feed
    Who's Online

Thank you.
  • Options
    This one is proving to be elusive :(

If you could provide one or more entries from your access log that match up to the error log messages, that might help.
  • Options
    @mattucf Thanks for your help but i couldn't find any entries from the access log that match up to the error log messages :(
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Odd, usually when errors like this appear in the log there's usually a doppelganger that appears on site somewhere as well unless you have error reporting off at that level. I'd say poke around every corner of your Vanilla install and see if you can unmask it.

For the moment, disable all the add-ons and re-enable them one by one while tailing the log file. This should help narrow down where the error is stemming from. If this is occurring within Vanilla by default without any add-ons then it would be an issue to bring up to Mark so he can figure out what's causing it.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    @sjeeps: even a slice of time could be revealing, if you don't find the exact request. Take the timestamp of a particular error in error_log, and see if you can locate the first access (in the access log) with an earlier timestamp, and the first with a later timestamp, and post everything in that interval (inclusive).

Also, I forgot to ask: are you using the default theme?

In the meantime (while we're smoking this out), I wouldn't worry about the size of the error log until it gets in the gigabytes. :)
  • Options
    Ok, this is the latest error message I got in the error log file: [24-Jul-2007 14:39:37] PHP Notice: Undefined index: REWRITE_/ in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 530 And this is the exact timestamp in the raw access log: 209.6.xx.xx - - [24/Jul/2007:14:39:37 -0400] "GET /people.php?PostBackAction=SignOutNow HTTP/1.1" 302 2407 "http://www.ventswap.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5" No, I'm not using the default theme.
  • Options
    Hmm... can you confirm that it's the sign out that's causing the message (by doing a tail -f on the error log, then signing out of vanilla)?

This is bugging me...kind of obsessing over it now :P

The theme you're using -- is it one of the ones available here, or a custom job? It might help if I could look at the theme files.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    If it's a custom template, there's a remote possibility that it's probably using a deprecated or totally wrong method which is writing this error. My other thought is that it's also unable to destroy the session associated with it and as a result logging that.

The only way to really figure this out is if you switch everything back to default as far as themes go and disable all add-ons and give it a proper work-out while tailing the log. At the very least switch the theme to default for a few minutes and see if it throws the error when you log out and other places. Then you'll have a better idea where its stemming from. Otherwise we're stabbing in the dark here.
This discussion has been closed.