Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category Headers?

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Yes, I know I'm a pain in the arse today, but I was wondering if there is a way to group categories under some category headings. You could do it on phpBB and you can even do it on EZ Board. Is there a way to do it here? Having all the categories without headers will confuse the users since their old board did have the headers. New board here http://www.standalonegraphics.com/forums/categories.php Old board here http://burlesquewomensinstitute.myfreeforum.org/ See what I mean?

Comments

• Options
    You want subcategories then? There have been discussions about it but i'm not sure if there was ever a positive outcome...try a search.
  • Options
    Yeah, I did the search. I guess it never happened :(
  • Options
    I've been working on something for this but am stuck when it comes to finding out what the category delegates are. Mini, can you help?
  • Options
    These are all I could find. CategoryManager and Category don't have any.

// Called after the categories are read from the database.
    Vanilla.Control.CategoryList.php:22: $this->CallDelegate('Constructor');

// Called before {theme_path}/categories.php is included.
    Vanilla.Control.CategoryList.php:26: $this->CallDelegate('PreRender');

// Called after {theme_path}/categories.php is included.
    Vanilla.Control.CategoryList.php:28: $this->CallDelegate('PostRender');
  • Options
    What do you mean by 'what they are'? I'm afraid I can only really help as much as digging through what I assume to be relevant bits of core codebase and scanning for the word Delegate then seeing what I guess it does...which i suppose you can manage if you're tackling this extension :)
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you. I guess I had a brain freeze or something.
  • Options
    If in doubt stare at pages of code until something useful pops out... (i dont necessarily recommend that technique..i've lost days of my life to it :|)
  • Options
    I sort of found a solution by looking at Jazzman's DiscussionOverview add-on. So, now I am one step closer.
  • Options
    Awesome! Keep us updated!
This discussion has been closed.